We want to support you
Life can be filled with challenges and transitions that may leave us discouraged, confused, feeling disconnected, and alone. We desire to be a place where people in need experience the love of Christ and the support of one another. Our care ministries address a variety of personal losses, addictions and struggles and provide ways to heal and grow. Let us know how we can come alongside you.
Prayer team members are available to pray with you after any of our worship services. You can find them up front at the conclusion of the service. You may also submit prayer requests on the Welcome Cards and then place them in the offering plate. The staff prays for those requests every week. Or you may request prayer now. Prayer requests are considered confidential and there will be no personal follow up. Anointing with oil and prayer are ministries available. For assistance, please call the church office at 763-535-8765.
If you would like a visit from a member of Cornerstone’s staff, or if you would like someone to pray with you prior to surgery, please call us at 763-535-8765. Due to Federal Privacy laws, please inform the hospital that you would like your information shared with Cornerstone Church.
Cornerstone Church is a community that stands beside each other in celebration and in sorrow. Because we aren’t meant to experience either alone. To learn more about support for life events like birth of a child or adoption, weddings or funerals, please call the office at 763-535-8765. Child Dedications and Adult Baptisms are scheduled periodically throughout the year. To request a child dedication, visit THIS LINK. For baptism, visit THIS LINK.
Counseling and Outside Resources
Cornerstone provides pastoral counseling that seeks to integrate Christian resources of Scripture, prayer and community. Counseling sessions are generally brief (1-2 sessions) and referral to professional Christian counselors is provided.
Here is a brief list of outside resources:
- Passages Therapy: 612-267-2885
- Arden Woods Psychological Services: 651-482-9361
- Hanson Associates Counseling: 763-533-5339
- Pathways Healing Center: 612-822-9061
ADDICTION AND RECOVERY
- Jeff VanVonderen, Interventionist: 888-JEFF-911
- Keith Hankinson, Hankinson Intervention: 770-207-5881
- MN Adult and Teen Challenge: 612-373-3366 A Christian residential drug and alcohol recovery program for adolescents and adults.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL ABUSE
- The Dwelling Place Crisis Line: 651-776-4805 A non-profit Christian shelter providing services for women who have been battered and help for men who want to change.
- Tubman Family Alliance: 612-825-0000 Provides immediate safe haven and protection for women and children in crisi, as wll as a full range of support services for all members of the family. Serves Hennepin, Washington and suburban Ramsey counties.
MENTAL ILLLNESS AND OTHER
- National Alliance of Mental Illness: 800-950-6264 Support, Resources, and advocacy for people with mental illness and their families.
- New Life Family Services: 24 hour hotline: 612-866-7715 Free pregnancy tests, decision-making counseling, practical assistance, and licensed adoption services to help you in making a decision about your pregnancy.
- The Urban Retreat: 651-340-6489 Located in Shoreview, the Urban retreat offers a variety of groups geared towards whole wellness, spiritual companionship, marriage strengthening, counseling, soul care and more.
- Twin Cities Christian Legal Aid: 612-278-1755
Local Community Help Resources
- PRISM (People Responding in Social Ministry), 730 Florida Ave. S, Golden Valley, 55426, www.prismmpls.org | 763-529-1350. PRISM foodshelf and financial assistance serves Golden Valley, Crystal, Robbinsdale, New Hope, and Plymouth east of 494.
- NEAR (North Suburban Emergency Assistance Response), Thorson Family Resource Center, 7323 58th Ave. North, Room 118, Crystal, 55428, www.nearfoodshelf.org | 763-533-2836, NEAR offers a food shelf and limited financial assistance to: northern Robbinsdale, Crystal and New Hope who live between 42nd and 62nd Avenues North.
- CEAP (Community Emergency Assistance Program), 6840 78th Avenue N, Brooklyn Park, 55445, ceap.com | 763-566-9600. This location serves Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, and Champlin east of 169. CEAP services include a community food shelf and clothing closet, Meals on Wheels, financial assistance for car loans and housing, back-to-school supplies and a Holiday Program.
- Fare For All, 8501 54th Avenue North, New Hope, 55428, www.fareforall.org | 763-450-3880. A cooperative food purchasing program. Open to the public every other Monday for highly discounted groceries and some giveaways.
- Hope Bridge, 4217 Boone Ave. N., New Hope, MN 55428 www.newhopechurchmn.org/hopebridge/foodshelf.php, 763-533-5887. Foodshelf open to everyone. Register onsite for monthly visit authorization.
- Sharing and Caring Hands, 525 North 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55405, www.sharingandcaring.org | 612-338-4640. Compassionate response to the needs of the poor. Visit the website or call for services available.
- Salvation Army, 3000 West Broadway, Minneapolis, MN 55411 salvationarmyusa.org |612-522-9684. The Salvation Army provides service (material, emotional and spiritual) as needed in all locations.
- United Way 2-1-1 Help Line, www.211unitedway.org | 2-1-1. Services include health, legal help, transportation, childcare, food, counseling, and more.
- Senior Linkage Line, www.tcaging.org/findinghelp/sll.html |1-800-333-2433. Senior LinkAge Line® is a free telephone information and assistance service, which makes it easy for older adults and their families to find community services.
- Disability Hub MN | 1-800-333-2466. The Disability Hub MN is a free, statewide information and referral resource that provides Minnesotans with disabilities and chronic illnesses a single access point for all disability related questions. disabilityhubmn.org/
- Hennepin County Social Service Directory, www.hennepin.us | 612-348-4111 Front Door. Do a keyword search for HSPHD resource directory. This directory lists hundreds of social services.
- Hennepin County General Assistance: Hennepin County Economic Assistance 612-596-1300, Hennepin County Energy Assistance 952-930-3541, Hennepin County Childcare Assistance 612-348-5937
For a counseling session, emergency financial assistance or additional questions, call the church office at 763-535-8765.
*Cornerstone Church often makes referrals to professional Christian counselors when more than brief pastoral counseling is needed. We try to recommend clinics and clinicians whose views and practices are in accord with the Cornerstone Church Statement of Faith, values, or philosophy of ministry. It is not always possible to ensure complete agreement. Persons seeking a counselor are urged to carefully screen prospective counseling providers to their own satisfaction. The decision to include a specific organization is not intended to be an endorsement of the organization or it’s services, nor does exclusion of an organization imply non-endorsement. Cornerstone Church assumes no responsibility for any consequences arising from the use of our reliance on such information.